This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all persons and entities (collectively, "customers") using the products and services of UCG including Internet service. The policy is designed to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of both the UCG network and the products and services UCG offers to its customers. UCG reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification. Your use of UCG's products and services constitutes your acceptance of the Acceptable Use Policy in effect at the time of your use. You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the service, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the service.
What Uses are Prohibited?
Unacceptable use includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- Posting, transmission, re-transmission, or storing material on or through any of UCG's products or services, if in the sole judgment of UCG such posting, transmission, re-transmission or storage is: (a) in violation of any local "Syria", or non-Syrian law or regulation (including rights protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property or similar laws or regulations); (b) threatening or abusive; (c) obscene; (d) indecent; or (e) defamatory. Each customer shall be responsible for determining what laws or regulations are applicable to his or her use of the products and services.
- Installation or distribution of "pirated" or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by customer.
- Deceptive marketing practices.
- Actions that restrict or inhibit anyone whether a customer of UCG or otherwise in his or her use or enjoyment of UCG's products and services, or that generate excessive network traffic through the use of automated or manual routines that are not related to ordinary personal or business use of Internet services.
- Introduction of malicious programs into the UCG network or servers or other products and services of UCG(e.g., viruses, trojan horses and worms).
- Causing or attempting to cause security breaches or disruptions of Internet communications. Examples of security breaches include but are not limited to accessing data of which the customer is not an intended recipient, or logging into a server or account that the customer is not expressly authorized to access. Examples of disruptions include but are not limited to port scans, flood pings, packet spoofing and forged routing information. This also includes no IRC on the network.
- Executing any form of network monitoring that will intercept data not intended for the customer.
- Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
- Interfering with or denying service to any user other than the customer's host (e.g., denial of service attack).
- Using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with, or to disable a user's terminal session.
- Failing to comply with UCG's procedures relating to the activities of customers on Cogent-owned facilities.
- Furnishing false or incorrect data on the order form contract (electronic or paper) including fraudulent use of credit card numbers or attempting to circumvent or alter the processes or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization or other methods to document "use" of UCG's products or services.
- Sending unsolicited mail messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material, who were not previous customers of the customer or with whom the customer does not have an existing business relationship (e.g., E-mail "spam").
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.
- Unauthorized use or forging of mail header information.
- Solicitations of mail or any other E-mail address other than that of the poster's account or service, with the intent to harass or collect replies.
- Creating or forwarding "chain letters" or other "pyramid schemes" of any type.
- Use of unsolicited E-mail originating from within the Cogent network or networks of other Internet Service Providers on behalf of or to advertise any service hosted by UCG or connected via the UCG network.
- Exporting, re-exporting, or permitting downloads of any content in violation of the export or import laws of the Arab Republic of Syria or without all required approvals, licenses and exemptions.
- HYIP sites are not allowed. HYIP stands for High Yield Investment Programs.
- Sites that are attacking in nature, specifically "sucks" types sites and sites that use others corporate names to promote them as sucking or use their corporate image / logo exactly or in slightly altered ways are expressly disallowed.
No failure or delay in exercising or enforcing this policy shall constitute a waiver of the policy or of any other right or remedy. If any provision of this policy is deemed unenforceable due to law or change in law, such a provision shall be disregarded and the balance of the policy shall remain in effect.
Upon notification of the existence of an abusable resource (e.g., open news server, unsecured mail relay, or smurf amplifier), the customer shall immediately take all necessary steps to avoid any further abuse of such resource. Any abuse of an open resource that occurs after the customer has received such notification shall be considered a violation of this policy and enforced as such.
UCG may immediately suspend and/or terminate the customer's service for violation of any provision of this policy upon verbal or written notice, which notice may be provided by voicemail or E-mail. Prior to suspension or termination, UCG attempts to work with our customers to cure violations of this policy and ensure that there is no re-occurrence; however, UCG reserves the right to suspend or terminate based on a first offense.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice:
UCG makes no guarantee of confidentiality or privacy of any information transmitted through or stored upon UCG technology, and makes no guarantee that any other entity or group of users will be included or excluded from UCG's network. In addition, UCG may periodically monitor transmissions over its network for maintenance, service quality assurance or any other purpose permitted by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
International Policies Adherence:
While UCG sells products, services and computer applications internationally, UCG respect all local usage policies and the end user have to respect his local low or the local usage policy. Accordingly, UCG looks forward to get abuse email from ISPs, courts or the person on charge regarding any abuse behavior or limitation of any UCG services or products. By default, UCG follow local policies of United Arab Emirates "Emirates Telecommunications Corporation - Etisalat" ,Syrian Arab Republic "Syrian Computer Society - SCS" and our Datacenter as well in Atlanta, US "Atlanta Nap"
For any kind or abuse or products usage limitation, please, don't hesitate in contacting us at: email@example.com , and your co-operation is appreciated.
United Communication Group | UCG